Today we see how dropping Xman into the 7hole will do, but I think this is a big mistake.
1) Putting Xander behind AJP gives me mixed feelings. i guess you dont want a high OBP guy in front of a low OPB guy, but I feel as though Xander, Drew and JBJ are a weak 7-9. To be honest, i’d rather see Vasquez taking his hacks than AJP, but that lineup wouldnt be scary either.
2) something about having Nava as your cleanup hitter seems odd.. Id rather have pedroia slap a few singles withe men on base than nava pop fly somewhere.
3) Holt in not a Right Fielder. Sorry Brock, I’ve enjoyed you immensely in left and center, but you should have made that catch the other day with Lackey starting. Not that Nava or Gomes deserve RF but Holt in CF with JBJ in Right with his rocket arm couldnt be that bad. i dont want holt having to make throws to 3rd.
4) Is holt your defacto lead off hitter now? or can you drop in down to where Xander hit.
For me, my ideal line-up for June 24th 2014, with the roster we currently have…
1) Holt- you can hit him anywhere, but he’s doing well so keep him there
2) Ortiz- best hitter should hit 2nd.. Ortiz, although low BA, is your best hitter.. imagine the stress of having to get holt out now.. if ortiz looming.. If Ortiz is hitting 3/4.. most likely with a two out.. that is a much less stressful situation, and I’d rather let someone in 3/4 have a higher BA.
3) Pedroia.. has enough speed to beat out a double play.. I’m not a huge fan of having Ortiz/Nap back to back all the time..
6) Xman.. basesloaded.. two out.. who do you want at bat? not AJP